Most children love receiving toys as gifts whenever there’s a special occasion, such as their birthdays. When you search for toys in stores and even online, there are lots of choices, depending on what kind you are looking for. There are puzzles, board games, video games, and more. But if you will be buying a toy for your kids, isn’t it better to choose one that is fun to play with and educational at the same time?
In the modern world that we live in today, it is essential for children to learn about the world of computers and technology at a young age. This would prepare them to live in a more advanced world in the future. If you want your kids to have an idea about computers, particularly programming, one of the best toys we can recommend is Codey Rocky.
What is Codey Rocky?
Codey Rocky is a programmable robot made by Makeblock. It is an entry-level coding robot, which is perfect for children ages 6 and up. It is a combination of easy-to-use robotics hardware with graphical programming. It will enable your kids to take their first steps into the world of coding. It is integrated with more than 10 programmable electronic modules.
Aside from that, Codey is also a loyal sidekick, like a pet that would swirl, follow lines, and as well as go around obstacles. It makes creating so much more fun. You can make it do all kinds of things, such as making greetings, answering commands, having it drive on the table with flashing lights, and much more. All you need are two apps that can be downloaded from the app store on your phone or tablet: Makeblock and mBlock.
Here are some of the functions and features of Codey Rocky:
- More than 10 advanced electronic modules: You can program Codey Rocky to perform a wide range of fun effects and functions with its more than 10 programmable electronic modules.
- Rich sounds and lights effects: It enables kids to code to customize its expression, see weather, time, and display personal messages on Codey’s large LED screen.
- Hardware compatibility: Codey Rocky is created to be compatible with LEGO® bricks and Makeblock Neuron. This way, you can turn any idea you come up with into reality.
- Wireless upload: It also has an optional Bluetooth dongle that lets you upload code to your robot companion wirelessly to your computer. This way, you’ll be able to try out your code ideas instantly.
- Light sensing: Codey Rocky has color and infrared sensors that enable it to recognize colors and follow the direction of lights that it senses.
- Music coding: You can also write code to assign functions to the three buttons and gear knob of Codey, turning it into a musical instrument.
- Weather reports: When you connect Codey to the internet, it can receive weather information and display it on its expressive LED screen.
- If this, then that (IFTTT): It enables you to connect events with the Internet of Things and IFTTT, making it a truly interactive robot.
- Face and age recognition: You can have fun with AI in mBlock 5 software support. You can code to make Codey Rocky know or recognize the ages of people through observing their faces.
What Can Codey Rocky Teach Kids?
When people hear the terms coding and artificial intelligence, most might think about complicated things and lots of computations. How do you think would kids ages 6 and up would be able to grasp the information about these things? Well, that’s one of the best things that we liked about Codey Rocky. It can teach kids about coding and AI in a fun way that they would understand.
Here are some of the things that kids can learn from Codey Rocky:
Beginner and Advanced Coding
Codey will let kids create their first program by dragging and dropping code blocks. As they do this, they will progressively gain more advanced skills and transition into Python programming.
AI and IoT Principles
When kids use Codey Rocky, they will gain familiarity with Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things or IoT through voice recognition, infrared TV controls, and more.
The foundation of coding is logic. With Codey Rocky, kids can learn how to go make their ideas become working programs by writing code that makes sense in practice.
Code is one of the easiest ways to make something, and this toy makes it even more fun and creative for kids. Codey Rocky can turn children’s ideas into reality in mBlock 5. This coding companion will show them how it runs their code.
What We Like About Codey Rocky
Codey Rocky is a really good toy for young kids, especially if you want them to learn how to code and be creative. Aside from that, it is fun to play with and also has cool features like draw, run, and drive with different actions. In addition, it is also very easy to use. In fact, it is ready to use once you take it out of the box. There’s no assembly or batteries needed.
It is also compatible with various platforms. It means that even if you prefer to program on MacBook, Chromebook, or desktop PC, it can get you started immediately. With all of the features it offers, your kids can have the most fun and informal way of getting familiar with one of the vital technologies of the 21st century. Therefore, if you are looking for the best toy for your kids, we definitely recommend Codey Rocky by Makeblock. And if you’re thinking of a more extreme hobby, we suggest you try deep-sea diving.