There are many toys out there that are remote-controlled, such as cars and robots. But isn’t it more fun if you can control something that flies? Imagine a miniature helicopter where you are the pilot. It has a live camera that allows you to enjoy a wide bird’s eye view of beautiful landscapes. Isn’t that really interesting, especially if you are a drone enthusiast?
You can find many drones in the market that you can use to take photos and videos of wonderful sceneries. But aside from those, there are also remote-control helicopters that can do the same thing. Today, we are going to give you a review of the Cheerwing Metal-Scout U12S RC Helicopter. Read on to know more about it.
What is the Cheerwing Metal-Scout U125 RC Helicopter?
The Cheerwing Metal-Scout U12S is a remote-control helicopter that features a video camera that displays real-time video from the helicopter to your phone. No matter what your skill level is, you can easily fly it like a pro while enjoying the best it has to offer.
Here are its technical specifications:
- Transmits real-time 480p video at a rate of 20fps
- Boasts image and video resolution of 640x480p
- Its original battery can give you 5-6 minutes of flight time and takes about an hour to recharge.
- One key take-off/landing
- Emergency stop
- 4GHz radio frequency with a transmission distance of 30m
- It’s powered by a 3.7V 350mah LiPo Battery
Mini Helicopter,SYMA S100 Cute Super Smaller Aircraft Indoor RC Helicopter with Altitude Hold, LED Lights, Extended Flying Range Remote Control Toy for Adults and Kids, Rechargeable Battery
NiGHT LiONS TECH N5010 World's Smallest 3.5CH Remote Control RC Helicopter Indoor RC Toy Aircraft for Kids Red
DEERC DE51 Remote Control Helicopter Altitude Hold RC Helicopters with Gyro for Adult Kid Beginner,2.4GHz Aircraft Indoor Flying Toy with 3.5 Channel,High&Low Speed,LED Light,2 Battery for 20 Min Play
Syma S107H Remote Control Helicopter - w/ Altitude Hold Indoor RC Helicopter for Adults, Flying Toys for Kids (Blue)
How to Fly the Cheerwing Metal-Scout U125 RC Helicopter
There are two ways to fly this RC helicopter:
- By using the app, you will be able to control the helicopter from your phone even without using its remote.
- By using the remote control, you can fly the helicopter and then view the real-time video from the helicopter camera on your phone.
To be able to fly the helicopter and use the camera, you will need to install the Flyingsee app on your smartphone or tablet. Connect your phone or tablet to the helicopter’s WIFI and enjoy.
Main Features of the Cheerwing RC Helicopter
The Cheerwing U12S also ticks the boxes of the best features that you would want to see in a mini remote-control helicopter. Here are some of the main features of the Cheerwing U12S Mini RC Helicopter that would make you enjoy it more:
- FPV Helicopter with WIFI Camera
This RC helicopter features a WIFI camera that you can use to enjoy live videos and photos in real-time on your mobile device using the app. You can also store the photos and videos on the mobile app and share them with your friends.
- One Key Take-Off / Landing / Emergency Stop
The Metal-Scout U12S helicopter can start its flight with just one press of a key. It will take off and hover at a certain height. To land, you can simply press the key again. In addition, it also has an emergency stop function, which you can use during emergency situations.
- Hover / Altitude Hold Function
This RC helicopter has an altitude hold function, which enables it to automatically hover. It can stay at its current height even when you are not holding the controller. It has a gyroscopic balance bar, making it more stable and perfect for photography and videography.
- Alarm When Out of Flight Range
You also do not have to worry about losing this RC helicopter because when it is low in battery and out of range, its transmitter will sound a beep to alarm you to move it back immediately.
- High and Low-Speed Mode
It features high and low-speed modes to cater to the different skill levels of pilots. It makes it easier to control for kids and as well as beginners.
- Can Support Multiple Players
This RC helicopter allows more than two players to play at the same time. It has a 2.4Ghz frequency, meaning you can have a racing competition with your family or friends.
- Durable Parts
The Cheerwing RC Helicopter is super durable. It has a metal frame and flexible blades, which can withstand dozens of crashes, making it tougher and durable.
Pros of the Cheerwing Metal-Scout U12S
Here are some of the best things we liked about the Cheerwing RC Helicopter:
- It is a good toy for kids who are eager to learn how to fly drones and helicopters.
- It is very easy to fly.
- It has cool features, such as the camera, which you can use to take photos and videos in the sky.
- The photos and videos automatically save to your camera roll.
- It can be upgraded with extra functions to make it more fun to use.
- It includes a screwdriver, which can be used for repairs and battery replacement.
- It is compatible with both iPhone and Android.
- It can sound out warnings when the helicopter goes out of range or if it has a low battery.
- It is strong enough to survive crashes.
Cons of the Cheerwing Metal-Scout U12S
Here are some of the drawbacks that we noticed with the Cheerwing RC Helicopter:
- It has short battery life.
- It is nearly impossible to fly with any wind.
- The app only connects to the smartphone using WIFI.
The Cheerwing U12S Mini RC Helicopter is indeed a fun toy to have, especially for drone enthusiasts. Aside from the fun of flying that it gives to its users, it is also equipped with clever technology that gives it that coveted stability to take smooth photos and great videos. Overall, we can say that it is a great buy not just for drone hobbyists and adults but as well as for your kids who are 14 years or older.