If you like realistic train sets, this one is a great item to collect or play with. The Bachmann Trains Chattanooga Electric Train Set captures the energy and excitement of train travel on the famous Nashville, Chattanooga, and St. Louis Railroad. This train set is a realistic replica of an old steam locomotive with an active smokestack and a working headlight – the ultimate romance of the train in a box.
The Chattanooga HO Scale Train Set needs assembly of the track, setting up the power supply, placing the trains on the track, and attaching the E-Z Mate couplers before running your train. Because it’s a solid replica and it needs careful assembly, it’s recommended only for train enthusiasts and patient hands – it’s not the kind of gift you’d give for quick setup and play.
This complete and ready-to-run 155-piece electric train set includes all the miniature people, structures, and buildings that you need to recreate the steam era in Chattanooga. It comes with:
- 0-6-0 steam locomotive and tender with operating headlight and smoke
- Plug-door box car
- Open quad hopper
- Offset cupola caboose
- Single-dome tank car
- Body-mounted E-Z Mate couplers
- Mate couplers
- 47” x 38” oval of snap-fit E-Z Track®, including 12 pieces of curved track, one piece of straight track, and one plug-in terminal rerailer
- Signal bridge
- Suburban station
- 48 railroad and street signs
- 48 assorted figures
- 36 telephone poles
- Power pack with forwarding, reverse, and speed controls
- Illustrated instruction manual
- Realistic design
- Complete with railroad and street signs, telephone poles, suburban station, and more to recreate a real train scene
- Working locomotive smoke and headlight
- Quiet operation
- Rail cars function smoothly
- Durable, weighty locomotive
- HO scale
- Plug-and-play power supply – no tools needed
- Comes with power pack and speed controller
- Comes with helpful, illustrated instruction manual
- Some users received a set with a defective engine
- Aligning the wheels on track takes a bit of getting used to
About Bachmann Trains
Founded in 1833, Bachmann Industries was originally fashioning horn, ivory, and tortoiseshell into Spanish combs for the Southern aristocracy. After the Civil War, the company diversified into hair ornaments and umbrella handles. By 1912, they began manufacturing eyeglass frames and prescription sunglasses. In the post-war years, their product line included shooting goggles, ski goggles, and Birds of the World Model kits. They also started to enter the model train field with Plasticville USA.
After it turned into Hong Kong-based Kader Industrial for manufacturing support in 1969, Bachmann and Kadel have been working hand in hand to create quality model railroading products for the discerning hobbyist. Today it continues to lead the way in innovative model railroading, delivering beloved train sets, locomotives, and accessories to aspiring engineers in both large scale and HO.
Bachmann Trains is also the distributor of the famous Thomas & Friends products, bringing the adventures of Thomas and the characters to life with a growing line of complete train sets, children’s toys, and separate sale items.
The company’s exclusive snap-together E-Z Track System makes track setup easy, quick, and fun.