You’ll discover all you need to know about this strategic, enjoyable card game with the BS card game rules guide. The BS card game is deceptively easy; all you have to do is arrange your cards in the correct sequence.
However, you will most likely need to fake a few times during the game to do this.
What is the BS Card Game?
B.S. is a straightforward bluffing card game. Cheat, I Doubt It, Bull*hit, Bologna Sandwich, Bluff, and many other names have been given to it. You may play with or without the Joker cards. BS is best played with 3 or more people, and the goal is to be the first to get rid of all your cards.
The cards are arranged in ascending sequence, beginning with an ace (normally the ace of spades). This is followed by the numbered cards, then the face cards, and finally the aces again. As you can expect, the chances of acquiring all the cards you need are slim.
This is where bluffing may help. If you don’t have the required card, just bluff and put any other card down. If another player accuses you of a bluff and calls you on it, you must take the whole pile of cards.
If a player calls a bluff and no one else is bluffing, they must take the cards themselves. So, if you’re going to call a bluff, be sure, since it might backfire disastrously if you make a mistake.
What You’ll Need?
A deck of regular playing cards is all you need to play the BS card game. You may get a deck of playing cards from any number of stores or websites. These Bicycle playing cards will fine, but any brand will do. It is even possible to use numerous decks in some variants of the game. At start, it’s best to play with only one deck.
The Aim of The Game
The objective of the BS card game is fairly basic. All you have to do is be the first player to utilize every card. Starting with an ace and working through the numbered cards, face cards, and eventually concluding with further aces, the cards are dealt out in numerical order.
A player will need to bluff, however, since it is doubtful that they will have all the cards they need. The game subsequently turns into a deception-based strategy game. You must outsmart your opponents and know when to use a bluff.
The BS card game may be played with two to six players. It’s a terrific party game, so the more people there are, the better. The dealer will be one of the players, and they will need to shuffle the deck initially. The cards will then be dealt out evenly to each participant.
Determine whether or not to use the Joker cards. Remember that they act as wild cards, so employing them straight away is not suggested if you are playing the BS card game for the first time. You may begin playing after all of the cards have been dealt.
How to Play BS Card Game
- Select a dealer and have him or her deal all of the cards to the players. Depending on how many people are playing, some may have one more card than others.
- The player on the left of the dealer starts the game, and play proceeds clockwise.
- The first player is allocated to play 2s, the next 3s, the next 4s, and so on to the aces. After aces, the cycle starts again at 2.
- When it is your turn, you must place at least one face-down card in the discard pile while stating the rank and quantity of the cards you are placing down. As a result, if you are the first player, you will be playing 2s. If you had a two and didn’t want to bluff, you could just place it face down in the middle of the table while saying, “One 2.” The man on your left, who will play 3s, receives the ball next.
- Bluffing is the way to win the game. If it’s your turn and you’ve been assigned to play Jacks, you may lay down anything you want as long as you believe you can get away with it. For example, if you only have 1 Jack, but wish to get rid of an Ace in your hand, you might lay down both the Jack and the Ace and remark, “2 Jacks”.
- If a player lays down his or her cards, anybody may call “BS” if they believe it is a bluff. When “BS” is called, the player turns over the cards that were just played to check whether it was a bluff or not.
- If it was a bluff (the cards were not what the player stated), the bluffing player must pick up the whole discard pile. If it wasn’t a bluff, the player who called “BS” was required to pick up the whole discard pile.
- “BS” must be said before the following player takes a move.
- The first player to successfully discard all of their cards wins! Most games will go on to decide second, third, and so on.
Tips To Win BS Card Game
- The first and most fundamental rule is to always call BS on the player who drew the final card. The majority of players will lie about the number on their final card. Even if your prediction is incorrect, the player was going to win, nonetheless. If you are correct, you will get additional time to play.
- If you have four players, count the rank of each fourth card from ace to king to determine which ranks it is in charge of.
- When someone catches you, having a lot of cards isn’t always a negative thing since you may have a lot of things and nearly nothing to lose. You can tell a lot of lies and speak a lot of truths because you have a lot of cards.
- Please substitute “BS” or, even better, “cheat!” when playing with kids. Avoid using “bullshit.”
- Do not allow other players see your cards.
- Never reveal the number of cards you have.
- If you mistakenly lie and escape, you may shout “popcorn,” “peanut butter,” “idiot,” or perform a cow moo to show the rest of the players your stupidity. Of course, this isn’t required, but it may add a fun aspect to the game.
- During the game, be subtle and keep an eye on others and their eyes. The best course of action is to refrain from lying and never call if your competitors are using random techniques.
- You don’t have to fan your cards when you’re ready to win. Save the quantity of cards you have for yourself.
- Distracting other players while it is your time is an excellent approach. It is a fully fair game to distract the attention of other players to what you are doing, and it will benefit you.
- If a player draws cards and possesses all eight natural cards of a specific rank, he must explain this to the other players and remove them from the game.
- Finally, try not to play with more than 13 persons. Because you’ll always be playing with the same rank and one or more decks of cards.
The BS card game is a fantastic party game since it is easy to learn but requires a lot of strategic thinking. This game will be accessible to everyone, but in order to be successful, you will need to know how to act the part. Try your hand at the BS card game if you like playing games that involve deception.